I had a customer asking about self-propelled corded lawnmowers, if they even exist and if so, where she could buy one.
Self-propelled corded mowers exist, but they are very difficult to find online. Battery-powered models have quickly gained popularity to a point that corded alternatives are becoming almost obsolete.
The rest of this article will take a closer look at what a self-propelled corded mower is, its benefits, and safety tips to consider when using it.
What Is a Self-Propelled Corded Mower?
A self-propelled corded mower is a lawn mower that combines the convenience of being self-propelled with the reliability offered by an electric model.
These types of mowers come in various styles and features, but what they have in common is their ability to easily cut through different types of grass without requiring you to do any of the work (source).
Benefits of Self-Propelled Corded Mowers
Self-propelled corded lawnmowers have several benefits over other types of lawnmowers, including reliability and convenience (source).
Let’s look at these and some other beneficial features of self-propelled corded mowers:
Self-Propelled Corded Mowers Are Highly Reliable
One of the main benefits of an electric mower is its reliability, and this is no different for self-propelled corded models. These mowers are easy to start and have long run times, making them a great choice for anyone who wants hassle-free operation.
Self-Propelled Corded Mowers Offer Convenience
Another benefit of these mowers is that you don’t need to push them, which means you can focus on getting the job done quickly and efficiently. Additionally, these types of mowers are often lightweight and compact in design, making them perfect for anyone looking for a high-quality lawn mower that doesn’t require much effort to use.
Self-Propelled Corded Mowers Have a Range of Different Features
Self-propelled corded mowers come in a wide variety of models and styles, so you’re sure to find one that meets your specific needs. Whether you need a powerful mower for large lawns or one with extra safety features for beginners, there’s sure to be a model out there that’s perfect for you.
Self-Propelled Corded Mowers Are Easy To Maintain
Cleaning and maintenance are an important part of owning a lawn mower, which is something self-propelled corded models make easy. Because these mowers have limited moving parts, they require very little time and effort to keep in good working condition.
So if you’re looking for a quality lawn mower that’s both reliable and easy to use, a self-propelled corded model may be the perfect choice for you. Whether you have a small or large yard, this lawn mower offers everyone something.
A Step-by-Step Guide on Using a Self-Propelled Corded Mower
If you’re just getting started with using lawnmowers, here are the steps you should take to use your mower more effectively:
- Start by connecting your mower to an electric outlet and turning on the power switch.
- Set the cutting height of your mower based on the type of grass you’re cutting using the adjustment levers or knobs on your mower.
- Position yourself at a comfortable distance from the mower, ensuring to keep clear of the blade area at all times.
- Start pushing your mower forward, using the self-propelled feature to make it easy to move while cutting the grass.
- Periodically check and adjust the height of your blades as needed, depending on how much grass you have cut and the type of grass you have.
- When you’re finished mowing, disconnect your mower from the electric outlet and store it in a cool, dry place until your next use.
Additionally, to clean and maintain your mower, refer to the owner’s manual for instructions on properly caring for and cleaning your machine.
Safety Tips and Tricks for a Self-Propelled Corded Mower
If you’re new to using a self-propelled corded mower, here are some tips and tricks for ensuring safety and getting the most out of your machine (source):
- Familiarize yourself with the different controls on your mower. This will help ensure that you can easily start and maneuver your mower when needed.
- Ensure you always wear the appropriate safety gear. This may include gloves, protective eyewear, and sturdy shoes. Doing so will help prevent injury while using your mower.
- Before starting your mower, ensure nothing obstructs its path or the blades of the mower itself. Any debris caught in your mower can cause it to stop working properly, so always check for any obstructions before turning on the machine.
- Always start your mower at a low speed and gradually increase the speed as needed. This will help ensure that you don’t accidentally turn your mower too quickly and injure yourself or damage your lawn.
- Consider enlisting the help of a friend or family member. This is a good idea if you’re using your mower on a particularly large lawn, as this can help to reduce fatigue and increase efficiency.
- Always clean and maintain your mower regularly to keep it functioning properly and eliminate any possible safety hazards. This will allow you many years of reliable use of your mower.
- Pay attention to any warning signs or issues that may arise while using your mower. It’s essential that you address these promptly in order to avoid accidents or damage to your lawn.
- When storing your mower for extended periods of time, make sure that you carefully clean it out and allow it to dry completely before putting it away. This will help prevent moisture from building up inside the machine and causing rust or other damage.
- Take time to familiarize yourself with your mower’s user manual. This can provide valuable tips and guidance on how to best use your particular model.
- Consider investing in a quality mower cover to protect your mower from the elements when it’s not in use. This can help extend your machine’s life and prevent unnecessary wear and tear.
Where To Purchase A Self-Propelled Corded Mower
Honestly, it has become very difficult to find these. I’ve searched online extensively, but all models that I found are either discontinued or out of stock. The electric mower world is moving to battery-powered, for better or worse.
Self-propelled corded lawnmowers are known to be very convenient, reliable, and easy to maintain. However, they are difficult, if not impossible, to find due to the popularity of battery-powered alternatives.